Sunday, December 13, 2009

The New York Times Sunday Styles

I did an illustration for the cover of the Sunday Style
section of The New York Times.

The article is about trimming your list down to fit
financial needs. It's something my whole family
is doing this year (kids only) so I can relate.
So they wanted Santa's list with names falling off
and turning into snowflakes.
Done and done.
This is a picture I took while I was cutting out all the names.
I got lots of Style section kids on the list and some family and friends.
I also got S. Britts Eddy making his way off of the list.
Sorry Eddy you've definitely been naughty.
The finish turned out really nice.
The snowflakes were the hardest part but I
think the variety of them is fun.
It looks amazing in the paper.
(I know I use the word amazing a lot but
I am always amazed at how lucky I am.)
Thank you to wonderful AD Corinne Myller
for the smooth sailing on this job.

8 comments:

Katie said...

It really does look AMAZING though!!! Yay Jared!

natsumi said...

Beautiful art work!

jfidz said...

Great artwork Jared.

JARED ANDREW SCHORR said...

Thank you so much!

Erin said...

Jared, that is so cool! :) Continuously (or continually...?) proud of you and your work!

Even though I know that there is a Julia in your/Katie's family, it is still fun to see the name there. :) Hee!

Erin

Unknown said...

I told you. you have some time machine or something that you use to get extra time on your projects. so good jared

Sarah Williamson said...

Jared I love this one. I hope you and the family are well.

JARED ANDREW SCHORR said...

Thanks Sarah.
Everyone is doing awesome.
I hope you are doing well, drawing like
a mad woman. =)
Happy holidays.