Sunday, December 6, 2009

Power In Numbers 4

This coming saturday, I am part of a big
group show at Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra.
Every piece is 5"x7" and are priced at $100.
All proceeds benefit the Red Cross.

I wanted to create a series,
so I decided to do stacks of animals.
I also choose the color palette for each
based on the four seasons.

I had done a crocodile pile in the past
and wanted to take another stab at it.
I also did a Yak Stack
and a Sheep Heap.
For the fourth one I was going to do a Hound Mound
(which I will probably still do) but I decided to
cut a title of sorts instead.
Sometimes Things Just Start To Pile Up
When I put them all together they reminded me
of the set of Yo Gabba Gabba. Completely unintentional.

Now if I could only get DJ Lance Rock behind my work.

Gallery Nucleus
210 East Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
December 12th from 7PM - 10PM
See you there!



7 comments:

Colt Bowden said...

Oh please oh please do a DJ Lance cut out.... Lance deserves it..

Shannon Freshwater said...

I'll see you at the opening. I love your type!!

Erin said...

Oh, Jared, I am always impressed...! :) Love the Sheep Heap! :) Too fun! I hope the show goes well!

Jenna McBride said...

The piles of animals warm my heart.

Jenna McBride said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dizzy_izzy said...

Saw this exhibit in mid-Dec. loved your work!! Was disapointed to see that the "Pile Up" piece was sold! Great Work!!

JARED ANDREW SCHORR said...

Thanks Izzy.